Wings3D + POV-Ray 3.7 RC3, May-2011
bamboo.zip (174 K)
Another quick one...
- Bamboo modeled and bent with Wigs3D, exported via Poseray.
- Hundred of copies placed and transformed randomly in front of the camera.
- Single texture, applied to each copy after a random transform.
- The texture is a simple texture_map using "gradient y", and involving a tricky AOI layer using pigment_pattern to add turbulence.
- Big area light for the sun, plus a simple white sphere for the sky dome.
- A mayang.com picture was put in the background to avoid adding geometry just for a blurry forest.
- Renders in about 15min on a Phenom II X4... that's why I haven't resisted to render a lot of variants with different random seeds.
The source code above doesn't contains the required images, but has the URLs to the original images from mayang.com.