MegaPOV HDRI tests

MegaPOV 1.1, 2005

After switching finally to MegaPOV, one of the first things I wanted to test was HDRI support, specially the output, to make my own light probes. But instead using a boring sphere-over-a-plane setup for the tests, I used some of my own scenes that seemed appropiate for this kind of lighting.

At first I tried with Paul Devec’s probes, but almost instantly I wanted to make my own probes. I had some scenes suited for it, like the kitchen, the patio, and the office, so I’ve done some learning tests with them, tweaking the lighting to have a more realistic result. Look at the end of the page for the light probes I used for the tests below them, done with simplified versions of these scenes:


HDRI maps used for the tests
Office Daylight Probe
Office Daylight
Office Night Probe
Office Night
Patio Probe
The Kitchen Probe
The Kitchen